Thursday, October 29, 2009

Easy Chocolate Recipes! :) Truffles & Oreo Cookies & Creme Freeze

I spent yesterday morning baking and thanks to a suggestion from Lindsey, I am posting my super easy and no mess recipes... between the two it took me 30 minutes of work time! The truffles are SUPPPPPEEERRR easy and great for kids to help with too!

Truffles

2 ½ pkg. (20 squares) Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1 pkg. (8 ounces) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I use the low-fat one and no one knows the difference!)

Melt 8 squares of chocolate. Hint: To avoid burning the chocolate I boil water in a small pot and put a glass bowl in it (large enough so that it doesn’t touch the water)
Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy; stir in melted chocolate. Fridge until firm (about 30 min).
Shape into 36 balls (I use a melon scoop to size them out or I wind up making them too big!) and put on was paper.
Melt last 12 squares of chocolate. Dip truffles into chocolate with a fork. Put on was paper.
Decorate immediately. My favorite is tiny ball sprinkles or powdered sugar, but you can use anything, cocoa powder is good too.

Oreo Cookies & Cream Freeze
4 squares Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate
14 Oreo Cookies (crumbled into pieces, I crumble a group of 8 and a group of 6)
1 pkg. (8 ounces) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I use the low-fat one and no one knows the difference!)
¼ cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Vanilla
1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip
Melt chocolate and set aside. Line bread pan (8 ½ x 4 1/2_) with foil, enough so that there is an inch or so overlapping the sides. Put Oreo crumbs (8 cookies total) on the bottom of the pan.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until well blended. Stir in the cool whip. Scoop 1 ½ cups of mixture into another bowl and stir in chocolate.
Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over cookies in pan. Layer Oreo crumbs on top (remaining 6 cookies). Pack in good using back of spoon. Top the Oreos with the chocolate mixture.
Freeze for three hours. Flip dessert onto serving plate and remove foil. Flip back over so that chocolate layer is on top and serve!

4 comments:

  1. Kim!! These sound amazing!! I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going to get all the stuff once my husband gets home from work. hope everything is well.

    with Love,
    Vianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone nests and grieves in different ways....I'm grateful yours is through baking fattening and delicious desserts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kim,
    Would you mind typing these recipes using 20 pt. font, bold, so I can read it. There's no telling what we'd get if I tried reading these rercipes as written. Love you!

    ReplyDelete