Friday, October 9, 2009

A Family like ours

Bobby and I prayed for Baby Jonathan's (see the Blog I follow) family last night and I went to bed wondering if they would get to meet their little boy. They are a family like ours, but a story all their own. I read this morning that they did indeed get 40 minutes with their little guy. Many emotions. Wondering if our story will be the same. Will we get 40 minutes or 4 minutes? 4 hours or 4 days? These are the things we wonder about everyday - not dreams of first words, kindergarten, college or grandkids. Very humbling to know how small we are in this big world but how unique we are in God's eyes. Just like Jonathan, Grace's life is precious - however long she is here. She already has such a routine; today I took a shower then did stretches, poor thing freaked out when I got in the shower - don't mess with a kid's routine; "You're doing it wrong mommy, stretch THEN shower, that's how it's supposed to go" is what it felt like she was saying with her tossing and turning.

We have 42 days until our due date, 24 days till the projected induce date. This weekend is filled with a facial for me, dentist for Bobby, baseball game for Riley, church & football on Sunday but it all starts tonight with date night for me and Bobby, we deserve it! You do too. Go out and enjoy your loved ones this weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you are blogging! YIPPEE! I can't wait to hear all about all you have to say = which we all know is A LOT! Love you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, I just found you on the livingwithtrisomy13.org prenatal albums site. I am also on there and was following Lauren's blog. I am so glad she got to have time with her little boy before he went to be with Jesus. It is so comforting to know that there are others out there who have gone through this experience or are currently going through it. I wish with all of my heart our babies were not sick, but I am thankful to know that I am not alone. I will be praying for little Grace. I am due with Henry in January, but it will probably be more like December. Check out our blog if you want and we can keep in touch. Many blessings,
    Katie
    http://cheesymom-katie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you on T13 website. I am praying for you!!

    Aimee Weathers
    Sophie Ann's mother

    ReplyDelete